The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map to field not working from Record Producer

steveturley2
Giga Expert

I'm trying to get our users to pick from a selection of CI's via a Record Producer and then transfer the selected CI onto the CI field in an incident 

I have my variable configured as below, but no value passes into it. I've also tried naming my variable 'cmdb_ci' as suggested elsewhere on these forums and it would auto-map but no success either

What am I doing wrong?

find_real_file.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael Ritchie
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Its because your "lookup value field" is set to Name.  That field is a reference and expects a sys_id.  So set that to Sys ID and the lookup label field to name.  This will store the sys_id value but show the name in the dropdown.

Please mark this post as helpful or the correct answer to your question if applicable so others viewing can benefit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael Ritchie
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Its because your "lookup value field" is set to Name.  That field is a reference and expects a sys_id.  So set that to Sys ID and the lookup label field to name.  This will store the sys_id value but show the name in the dropdown.

Please mark this post as helpful or the correct answer to your question if applicable so others viewing can benefit.

Ah! I thought it might have been this, although I hadn't done the lookup label field.

However, I've done that now and I've got four choices of 'null'

I've filtered my CI's using a reference qualifier of 'name=x^ORname=y^ORname=z' etc... Could that be the issue now?

Thanks for the reply though

Don't worry. Got it! I had to put 'name' and not 'Name' in the Lookup label field

Cool glad you got it working.  Field names are case sensitive so good catch.