The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to filter indicator results.

jasonhagen
Kilo Contributor

I have automated indicators that function without an issues; all data returned is valid.   I want to be able to display the results as a top x in a breakdown widget by assignment group or resolver.   The issue i run into is that when i sort by value ascending; i get breakdown values that contain nulls in my top x scorecard.   Since the breakdowns are pulling in all possible values, i need to know if there is a way to filter out/exclude null or 0 result values from the widget display.   Is it even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pieter_goris
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

It is not possible to set up a filter on widget or breakdown level that will filter out empty/0 values. As a workaround you could consider changing the value of the Performance Analytics property "com.snc.pa.breakdown_element_cutoff" (default value = 50).

The value of this setting determines the minimum number of breakdown elements that will be shown on the breakdown tab of detailed scorecards or in breakdown widgets. But it is a minimum setting, it will always show all breakdown elements that have a score. So if you have a breakdown with 80 elements and only 35 of them have a score, than with the property set to 50, you will only see 50 elements on the widget or tab of which 15 do not have a score. Also if you have a breakdown with 10 elements, than with the property set to 50, you will see all elements on the widget or tab whether they have a score or not.

The workaround you could use is to set the property to 1:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 15-58-19.png

With this setting it will only show elements that do have a score.

So with this setting and a breakdown widget on assignment group for the Open incidents, it only shows the 8 elements that do have a score:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-21-15.png

(I can also use a descending sorting, it will still only show the eight elements that do have score)

With the property set to 30, the widget looks like:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-28-23.png

Remember that this is a global setting, so it applies to all breakdown widgets and tabs on a detailed scorecard.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Pieter

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pieter_goris
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

It is not possible to set up a filter on widget or breakdown level that will filter out empty/0 values. As a workaround you could consider changing the value of the Performance Analytics property "com.snc.pa.breakdown_element_cutoff" (default value = 50).

The value of this setting determines the minimum number of breakdown elements that will be shown on the breakdown tab of detailed scorecards or in breakdown widgets. But it is a minimum setting, it will always show all breakdown elements that have a score. So if you have a breakdown with 80 elements and only 35 of them have a score, than with the property set to 50, you will only see 50 elements on the widget or tab of which 15 do not have a score. Also if you have a breakdown with 10 elements, than with the property set to 50, you will see all elements on the widget or tab whether they have a score or not.

The workaround you could use is to set the property to 1:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 15-58-19.png

With this setting it will only show elements that do have a score.

So with this setting and a breakdown widget on assignment group for the Open incidents, it only shows the 8 elements that do have a score:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-21-15.png

(I can also use a descending sorting, it will still only show the eight elements that do have score)

With the property set to 30, the widget looks like:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-28-23.png

Remember that this is a global setting, so it applies to all breakdown widgets and tabs on a detailed scorecard.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Pieter

Pieter,

This is exactly what I was looking for and solves my problem and a series of other problems I was having as well in fine tuning data visualization.   Thank you for the thorough explanation.   When i applied the change to my dev instance, i saw immediate results that were what i was looking for.  

Jason

That works very well on Geneva. BTW How you change sort order on scorecards A-Z Z-A or by Score value ascending/descending? Thanks, Max

That's only possible in widgets and not in detailed scorecards on the breakdown tab.

In the widget config of a widget of type 'breakdown' and visualization 'scorecard', check the 2 fields on the bottom right:

ServiceNow 2016-09-14 14-23-01.png

In Geneva you can sort on Name, Value (score) or Default (for choice lists: it sorts on the sequence of the breakdown elements).

In Helsinki there are additional sort options:

Monosnap 2016-09-14 15-07-15.png

Cheers, Pieter