The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible to filter elements with zero value from breakdown?

santa
Tera Contributor

I would like to know if there is a way to filter elements with zero value from a breakdown. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate my quandary - this is of a breakdown dashboard, which follows a "group owner" breakdown. Although the breakdown accurately displays data for groups owned by the owner selected, the problem is that if there are not enough elements resulting from the filter to align with the widget config (e.g. in this case it is configured to Show top 10), the widget is displaying other elements that are part of the breakdown. It seems to be displaying however many elements have zero value, in alphabetical order. To elaborate - the screenshot shows a widget meant to show Open Incidents by Assignment Group, but only for groups owned by me - the only group owned by me which has open incidents is the first one listed (Global Apps - CIC), thus the widget then displays 9 additional groups with zero values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aditya Telideva
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Robert,

It is not possible to set up a filter on widget or breakdown level that will filter out empty/0 values. As a workaround you could consider changing the value of the Performance Analytics property "com.snc.pa.breakdown_element_cutoff" (default value = 50).

The value of this setting determines the minimum number of breakdown elements that will be shown on the breakdown tab of detailed scorecards or in breakdown widgets. But it is a minimum setting, it will always show all breakdown elements that have a score. So if you have a breakdown with 80 elements and only 35 of them have a score, than with the property set to 50, you will only see 50 elements on the widget or tab of which 15 do not have a score. Also if you have a breakdown with 10 elements, than with the property set to 50, you will see all elements on the widget or tab whether they have a score or not.

The workaround you could use is to set the property to 1:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 15-58-19.png

With this setting it will only show elements that do have a score.

So with this setting and a breakdown widget on assignment group for the Open incidents, it only shows the 8 elements that do have a score:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-21-15.png

(I can also use a descending sorting, it will still only show the eight elements that do have score)

With the property set to 30, the widget looks like:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-28-23.png

Remember that this is a global setting, so it applies to all breakdown widgets and tabs on a detailed scorecard.

Hope this helps.

Aditya Telidevara

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Aditya Telideva
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Robert,

It is not possible to set up a filter on widget or breakdown level that will filter out empty/0 values. As a workaround you could consider changing the value of the Performance Analytics property "com.snc.pa.breakdown_element_cutoff" (default value = 50).

The value of this setting determines the minimum number of breakdown elements that will be shown on the breakdown tab of detailed scorecards or in breakdown widgets. But it is a minimum setting, it will always show all breakdown elements that have a score. So if you have a breakdown with 80 elements and only 35 of them have a score, than with the property set to 50, you will only see 50 elements on the widget or tab of which 15 do not have a score. Also if you have a breakdown with 10 elements, than with the property set to 50, you will see all elements on the widget or tab whether they have a score or not.

The workaround you could use is to set the property to 1:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 15-58-19.png

With this setting it will only show elements that do have a score.

So with this setting and a breakdown widget on assignment group for the Open incidents, it only shows the 8 elements that do have a score:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-21-15.png

(I can also use a descending sorting, it will still only show the eight elements that do have score)

With the property set to 30, the widget looks like:

ServiceNow 2016-07-13 16-28-23.png

Remember that this is a global setting, so it applies to all breakdown widgets and tabs on a detailed scorecard.

Hope this helps.

Aditya Telidevara

THANK YOU - I have tested setting the value for breakdown element cutoff point to 1, and this seems to accomplish the goal, however I am not sure how or why, and I would like to understand this setting a bit more before I make the change in a production instance. Would you happen to have a link to review product documentation regarding this setting?

Worth noting: this was set to 500 in both our test and PROD instances - after setting to 1, the widget from my example is no longer showing breakdown elements with 0 values as seen below. However, I then tested setting this to 50, and achieved the same result. If I set it back to 500, once again I see breakdown elements with 0 values.

breakdown widget.PNG

SusanWinKY
Tera Guru

Has anyone had a situation where selecting a breakdown on a scorecard displays scores that aren't related to the breakdown that was selected?

For example, we have a scorecard for published knowledge articles by view.  We select a particular Knowledge Base (i.e., ITC Support & Troubleshooting), yet we see categories that are not part of that KB.  (see screenshot)

We have updated the system property as described above, so those are now no longer displaying, but would like to understand the root cause of why we're seeing unrelated categories when we select a Knowledge Base, and if we're doing something wrong when configuring the scorecard / breakdown.

find_real_file.png

Susan Williams, Lexmark

Hi Susan Williams,

I too have the same issues, If you have got any solution or workaround, can you please share with me ?