The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Qualifier on a Lookup Select Box, match caller_id on an INC

cmills_1128
Kilo Contributor

Hello,

I am building a record producer and am having trouble with a reference qualifier on a Lookup Select box.   The first variable on the record producer is as follows

Type: Reference

Question: Request for

Name: request_for

Reference: User [sys_user]

The second variable is a Lookup Select Box.   I want to create a choice list of all active INCs for the user in the first variable, Request for.   Here's what I have now

Type: Lookup Select Box

Question: Technical Support Incident Number

Name: ts_inc

Lookup from table: Incident [incident]

Lookup value field: Caller

Lookup label field(s): number

Reference qual: caller_id=current.variables.request_for

When I try to test by previewing the item, and filling in the Request for variable with a user I know has an active INC, nothing populates in the Lookup Box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Abhinay Erra
Giga Sage

Cynthia,

You will add this in reference qualifier = javascript: 'caller_id='+current.variables.request_for;

then you will have to add this in variable attributes = ref_qual_elements=request_for

Note: You will have to add Variable attributes to the form layout and in the below snapshot 'ref' is my variable name

find_real_file.png

Thanks,

Abhinay

Please mark Helpful, Like, or Correct depending on the impact of the response

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

That article appears to be about client scripts, not reference qualifiers.   Also I don't think I can use a simple reference qualifier, like pictured in the article, to reference another variable in the record producer

Apologize - got distracted, misread your post. Let me see if I can get your an answer.

Please mark it as correct so others can find the solution easily if they have similar questions.

Thanks,

Abhinay

PS: Hit like, Helpful or Correct depending on the impact of the response