Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL to the portal that bypasses SSO

Jeff316
Kilo Guru

Hi All,

We use Jakarta and use ADFS for SSO.

So when you go to xxx.service-now.com you are redirected to the ADFS logon screen where you enter network ID and PW and then passes your thru.

For our users that do not have accounts in AD we make sure the 'source' field is null in their user record and we enter a password in the user record in SNOW.

For those non-SSO users, they have to use a different URL to ensure they hit the SNOW logon screen and bypass the ADFS SSO screen. The URL xxx.service-now.com/login.do

This works fine.

But if I want to give the non SSO users a URL that would take them directly to the portal page, what URL would I use that ensures they are prompted with the SNOW logon screen?

If I give the non SSO user this URL xxx.service-now.com/sp? they briefly see the portal login screen for a second then it redirects them to the ADFS logon screen which they cannot use because they have no record in LDAP and must enter a SNOW ID/PW.

This question might be related, but we intend to open just the portal to the public, so these would be people who have no user record in SNOW. Other than setting portal pages to 'public' we would need these users to bypass the ADFS SSO screen and I guess they would have to bypass any SNOW logon? or does the public still attempt a logon but if no user record found it would sign them in as "guest"?

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

bernyalvarado
Mega Sage

Hi Jeffrey,

Are you familiar with /side_door.do ?

Thanks,

Berny

bernyalvarado
Mega Sage

Perhaps you could have a public portal page that redirects your users to /side_door.do page.

Thanks,

Berny

Hello Berny,

Nice to hear from you.

I am familiar with login.do and side_door.do which are both ways to bypass the SSO ADS logon screen.

This is what we give to our non SSO users today xxx.service-now.com/login.do or side_door.do but that will take you to the SNOW logon screen followed by the normal non-portal home page. That works fine.

What I want to do, is give the non SSO users the URL to the portal like   xxx.service-now.com/sp?, which will take you directly to the portal page but first it redirects everyone to the ADFS SSO logon screen. That won't work for public and for non SSO users in SNOW.

I don't know how to build a URL that would combine using login.do or side_door.do then to the sp (portal page).

I would want non SSO users with user records to hit the SNOW logon screen then pass to the portal home page.

For public users I guess I would want them to bypass the SSO logon screen and the SNOW logon screen because they would have no user record in SNOW.

Hi Jeffrey,

I haven't implemented this myself so this is just my best guess but does your login page have Public checked?

find_real_file.png

find_real_file.png