The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export your reports to Excel format

Travers M
Mega Guru

I'm fairly sure I already know the answer to this one but maybe someone can tell me they have figured out a way to do this.   It looks like ServiceNow can only export a report in PDF format.   I'd like to have some of these export in Excel as we like the charts and graphs but need to add something else to them or change a number/manipulate data.   Has anyone here been able to have them export to Excel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adiddigi
Giga Guru

Creating List Reports - ServiceNow Wiki didn't work for you?

You can export a list report as an Excel spreadsheet by right-clicking any column heading and selecting Export > Excel.

You can schedule a saved list report to export by clicking Schedule and specifying Type as Excel Spreadsheet. Excel displays report duration values in milliseconds, rather than the x days y hours format.

- wiki

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

adiddigi
Giga Guru

Creating List Reports - ServiceNow Wiki didn't work for you?

You can export a list report as an Excel spreadsheet by right-clicking any column heading and selecting Export > Excel.

You can schedule a saved list report to export by clicking Schedule and specifying Type as Excel Spreadsheet. Excel displays report duration values in milliseconds, rather than the x days y hours format.

- wiki

Now I feel like a real stooge for looking everywhere except the wiki for this answer.   I guess because it wasn't a button like the export to PDF, I just assumed it wasn't an option.   We just tried that and it worked for what we needed.   Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

No need to feel bad.   If you hadn't posed this question, I'd be in the same boat as you.

When i try to export, it creates this URL with all the filter criteria which in my case is an IN clause with thousands of values. This doesn't work since none of the browsers or services supports such long URLs. Is there any alternative to export a CSV directly from the result set that shows in the report or any other way to get past this long filter url limitation?