The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the file name made from the "export update set" ui action?

Jace Benson
Mega Sage

I know I've found this once before, but my search is not giving me the results I found before.  If anyone knows how to change the file name generated from the export update set ui action to be the name of the update set + .xml vs the oob sys_update_set_sysid.xml I'd love to try it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Benson,

When you check UI action of Export Update Set you should find this export_update_set in script section.

there is a processor with this path. when you open that processor you can find this script include ExportWithRelatedLists and these functions addRelatedList() and exportRecords() you need to debug.

There is this function getFileName within which has below code

getFileName: function(){
return (this.parent_table + '_' + this.sys_id + '.xml');
},

just change this to below and check whether the file name comes as my_custom_sysId.xml.

If it is coming then this is the place and you can then modify it as per your convenience.

return ('my_custom' + '_' + this.sys_id + '.xml');
},

Mark Correct if this solves your issue and also mark Helpful if you find my response worthy based on the impact.
Thanks
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ankur Bawiskar
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Any specific reason why you want this requirement?

It's just a file name

Mark Correct if this solves your issue and also mark Helpful if you find my response worthy based on the impact.
Thanks
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

When exporting update sets before a clone its nice to know what update set is what without having to inspect every file.

Hi Benson,

When you check UI action of Export Update Set you should find this export_update_set in script section.

there is a processor with this path. when you open that processor you can find this script include ExportWithRelatedLists and these functions addRelatedList() and exportRecords() you need to debug.

There is this function getFileName within which has below code

return (this.parent_table + '_' + this.sys_id + '.xml');
},

just change this to below and check whether the file name comes as my_custom_sysId.xml.

If it is coming then this is the place and you can then modify it as per your convenience.

return ('my_custom' + '_' + this.sys_id + '.xml');
},

Thanks
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

Thank you thank you!