Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the Expert 1/31 What's New in Knowledge Management in Kingston

Lisa Latour
Administrator
Administrator

Ask the Experts ServiceNow

The Kingston release adds many new capabilities, including:

• Article types, offering a templated approach to structure and organize knowledge content

• The ability to search external content sources, with results unified and displayed from both external and internal knowledge content

• In-context knowledge capture, allowing the creation of knowledge during work processes

• The Article Quality Index enables scoring the quality of an article, its author, and even groups of authors
• Search engine optimization support allows knowledge articles to be indexed and located using popular search engines

Learn more about these exciting new capabilities and see them in action.

No Registration Required.

Join us on this discussion to watch the presentation
and post your questions   (Video Below)

Originally aired January 31, 2018

Featured Expert

Sarup Paul is the Product Management Director at ServiceNow for Knowledge Management. He comes to ServiceNow with a rich experience in Knowledge Management and Online Customer Support systems. He has spent more than a decade in Integrations and Product Development. He is Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) v5 Certified, and has helped various companies implement their KM programs using the KCS framework.   saruppaul

16 REPLIES 16

Lisa Latour
Administrator
Administrator

To Add to your calendar for a reminder - Use the Event Link > 1/30 Ask the Expert : What's New in Knowledge Management in Kingston

Tom Boyle
Mega Expert

Really excited about the new capabilities with Knowledge Management in Kingston.

Something that I would like to understand further is around the design of the AQI scoring.

While it's excellent this is now built in as standard a fundamental purpose of performing an AQI score is the ability to feedback to the author of that article.

Just feeding back in the form of a score is insufficient as how do they really benefit/learn from that.

Having a comment field alongside each scoring field to explain why a score hasn't been given is essential to really have the benefit of an AQI.

Unless I have missed it that's not currently possible.

Is this something that is being looked into?

Don't want to come across as too negative because otherwise really liking the forward direction towards Knowledge Management in ServiceNow!

Hi saruppaul

Thank you for a really valuable session on the new Knowledge Management features!

During the webinar you addressed my question here but only to say that writing comments was available as an option but didn't explain how.

Could you go into further details please?

Looking through the documentation and community doesn't show anything up for me.

Thanks

Tom

Sarup Paul
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

What I meant to say is that there is a general comment area for the entire AQI evaluation, but not on each question on which they are scored.

find_real_file.png

I agree that it's probably not an easy customization to add a comment field on each item. We felt that OOB it would make the reviewers experience a little too cumbersome. In my previous experience building and maintaining a AQI solution in KCS heavy environments, I rarely found reviewers providing detailed written comments. They share those during the face-to-face coaching as a part of their KCS processes. Hence our current solution.