The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross scope privileges denied by table cross scope

corbettbrasing1
Mega Guru

I need to be able to create a <asmt_condition> trigger condition record (which is in the global scope) I am getting refused access due to the tables cross scope priv.   I set up records in the sys_scope_privilege table for all levels of CRUD to allow, but that still does not give me access to create records to <asmt_condition> from my scope.  

So how do I get access without an update set in global to change that tables cross scope access?   This will go in the store so I need to change to by in my scoped update set.   Creating a pushing an a global update set is not an option.     So how do I get access without an update set in global to change that tables scope?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Corbett,

The reason you see the error message because OOTB "Create" access is disabled for table "asmt_condition". Once you set the checkbox to true it will work fine. However please note this change will not get captured as part of scoped app.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.23.45 PM.png

NOTE: ServiceNow will not certify your app if you ask the customer to manually make this change prior to deployment of your app. Please send a note to cert team with justification on why this is required and get an approval from them before you make changes to global component.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Corbett,

The reason you see the error message because OOTB "Create" access is disabled for table "asmt_condition". Once you set the checkbox to true it will work fine. However please note this change will not get captured as part of scoped app.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.23.45 PM.png

NOTE: ServiceNow will not certify your app if you ask the customer to manually make this change prior to deployment of your app. Please send a note to cert team with justification on why this is required and get an approval from them before you make changes to global component.

If I have answered your question, please mark my response as correct so that others with the same question in the future can find it quickly and that it gets removed from the Unanswered list.

If you are viewing this from the community inbox you will not see the correct answer button.   If so, please review How to Mark Answers Correct From Inbox View.