Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to bypass intermediate login pages in SAML SSO

HugoFirst
Tera Guru

We configured our test instance to use SAML/SSO and we are encountering a weird situation.

We are using the Idp authentication so the user "logins" to our Idp site which then forwards them to ServiceNow.

The issue starts with a user who is not logged in, goes to the test instance directly.

Here they will see a login page with a link to "external login"

find_real_file.png

When they click on "Use external login" they see this page ( still in ServiceNow )

find_real_file.png

Now you don't have to enter anything here as it is thrown away.   but clicking submit will take you to the real login page:

find_real_file.png

I'd like ServiceNow to direct the user to the RSA SecureID Acces page first and avoid the interim screens.

Is this possible?

- Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martygrinstead
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Steve,

Check out:

Modify the primary and default IdP

This shows how to setup an IdP as the primary, and this should have your users automatically routed to that IdP without having the click to get there.

Let me know how this works out,

Marty

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

martygrinstead
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Steve,

Check out:

Modify the primary and default IdP

This shows how to setup an IdP as the primary, and this should have your users automatically routed to that IdP without having the click to get there.

Let me know how this works out,

Marty

Marty,   you are right on the mark.   I checked the doc you referenced and found that I had an improper setting for the property glide.authenticate.sso.redirect.idp.

Once I fixed that, everything fell into place.

Thanks!