The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create a report similar to Capacity Planning on Resource Workbench?

shalinitangella
Tera Contributor

Hi,

1) I am trying to obtain a different view of what we see in Capacity planning of Resource Workbench. The requirement is to obtain stacked view of  capacity of Resource groups and not the total capacity of filtered Resource Plans on the left panel. i.e. similar to "Stack by" and "Grouped bars" feature in reporting. 

For instance, the attached image has 3 Resource Groups - Analysts, Database and Production Support. Jan's number of hours need to show three stacked columns with each group and not an aggregated hour and baseline. I was unable to find the source table of the heat map for this purpose to create a custom report. 

2) Also, is there a source of "Resource Reporting" which is a OOB module for custom reporting. 

Any information for custom reporting of Resource management is much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Robert Fedoruk
Tera Sage
Tera Sage

Closest I've gotten to good custom resource management reports is with multi row pivot tables.

Hi Robert,

If you can please help me? I would be really grateful. I am not able to create proper reports. Somehow its not showing the correct data.

I have posted a question, if you can help me, I will mark your answer as correct.

https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=2f9eec081bb73450cd3b33bc1d4bcbdc

Thanks,

Vaishnavi

Oleg
Kilo Sage

Capacity Planning is implemented as Service Portal page, which uses Highcharts API directly. The URL of Capacity Planing is /ppsrp?id=ppsrp_rw_requested_list&sysparm_title=Capacity%20Planning, where ppsrp is the id of Resource Workbench portal and ppsrp_rw_requested_list is the id of the Service Portal page.

find_real_file.png

You can hold Ctrl and make right mouse click on the left or right part of Capacity Planning page to see the widget responsible for the part of the page. To edit the widget one should choose "Widget in Editor":

find_real_file.png

find_real_file.png

The widget "Resource Plans - Requested" (id="ppsrp-rp-requested-cards") use

$rootScope.$broadcast('ppsrp:plan_selection_changed', $scope.selectedPlans);

to send information about selected plans and the widget "Resource Availability - Requested" (id="ppsrp-rp-availability-requested") uses

$scope.$on('ppsrp:plan_selection_changed', onPlanSelectionChange);

to get the information. It has HighCharts as dependency and display the chart by usage HightChart API.

It's difficult to comment that whole parts of AngularJS code of the widgets, but I hope that investigation of the code and debugging of the client part of the code will help you to implement your requirements.

If you don't familiär with Service Portal development and want to implement your requirement in classical GUI that I'd recommend you to read "Building custom visualizations and interactive filters" session from Knowledge 2019 especially the part Custom Visuals Using the Table API, which demonstrates how to use Highcharts to create widgets, which can be used on Dashboard.