The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the Date Format

msm4
Giga Expert

Hi,

I have written some Validation to the Date Field , i.e, The Date field should be filled by default on "Onload"   with some specific Date.

Everything is working fine except the Date Format. OnLoad the Date format is "YYYY_MM_DD" but on selection of any date, the format is different "DD_MM_YYYY".

I want the default Date format in "DD_MM_YYYY", how to set that , Can anyone please help me out.

Thanks in Advance.

BR.

Smitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since GlideDate() as well as GlideDateTime() always use yyyy-mm-dd, you can change the format of your return value of dat by just adding .getDisplayValue():

return dat.getDisplayValue();

That will give you the format of whatever the user has even if they are using something else such as mm-dd-yyyy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ccajohnson
Kilo Sage

Are you populating your date field via script, or by a default value on the dictionary? Knowing how the date is set should assist in how we can answer your question.

Yes, I am populating the Date via script. Find the below snippet:

Script Include:

var getdate = Class.create();

getdate.prototype = Object.extendsObject(AbstractAjaxProcessor, {

getdatevalue : function()

{

var dat = new GlideDate();

dat.addDaysUTC(5);

return dat;

},

type: 'getdate'

});

client Script:

function onLoad() {

//Type appropriate comment here, and begin script below

var ga = new GlideAjax('getdate');

ga.addParam('sysparm_name','getdatevalue5');

ga.getXML(callback);

}

function callback(response)

{

var answer = response.responseXML.documentElement.getAttribute('answer');

g_form.setValue('end_date',answer);

}

Since GlideDate() as well as GlideDateTime() always use yyyy-mm-dd, you can change the format of your return value of dat by just adding .getDisplayValue():

return dat.getDisplayValue();

That will give you the format of whatever the user has even if they are using something else such as mm-dd-yyyy

So basically dat.getDisplayValue() will return default or if set in user preferences, user preferred date format?

Sweet.