The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get developer instance userid and password

ragz
Tera Expert

I have a servicenow developer instance I want to push some data into servicenow with external system for that I need to know UserId and Password .How do I get the userid and password   of developers instance ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Raghava,

Ideally, the user name of system administrator will be "admin" (unless you changed this on your system). For password, you can change it form the user record or reset it from developers portal by following the below instructions.

Under the My Instance page, use the "Action" button and select the "Reset admin password" action. After confirming that you wish to proceed, the developer site resets the admin password and provides you with a temporary password in green text that you should copy. Navigate to your instance by clicking the "URL" text in the green box or typing the URL in a new tab or window. You are prompted on your personal developer instance to set a new password. Use the temporary password for the current password and provide a new password twice.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Raghava,

Ideally, the user name of system administrator will be "admin" (unless you changed this on your system). For password, you can change it form the user record or reset it from developers portal by following the below instructions.

Under the My Instance page, use the "Action" button and select the "Reset admin password" action. After confirming that you wish to proceed, the developer site resets the admin password and provides you with a temporary password in green text that you should copy. Navigate to your instance by clicking the "URL" text in the green box or typing the URL in a new tab or window. You are prompted on your personal developer instance to set a new password. Use the temporary password for the current password and provide a new password twice.

Let me know if that answered your question. If so, please mark my response as correct so that others with the same question in the future can find it quickly and that it gets removed from the Unanswered list. Thank you.

How To Mark Answers Correct From Community Inbox

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the response . I followed your answer and the below link

Video: Personal Developer Instance Password Reset Procedure