Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Test Step: Set Field Values not allowing to select fields.

flipflorey
Kilo Contributor

Hello there,

I am brand new to the ServiceNow and the ATF. I have had the chance to build tests in an Istanbul instance but now when I try to build a test in the Jakarta instance I am running into a problem.

I have an Incident form that I am trying to test.

It looks like this and has mandatory fields... (the ones highlighted are the ones I cannot "find")

ForumPic3.PNG

I create a test with 3 steps, open, validate fields and validate they are empty...

ForumPic00.PNG

I can open a New Incident Form, I can Validate the fields are mandatory, and I can validate that they are empty.

When I go to add the test step "Set Field Values" it not showing a handful of the mandatory fields that I need to submit the form.

It auto-populates the test step with some of the mandatory fields which are "Urgency, Impact, Priority, Short Description, Subcategory, and Category" (pic below)

ForumPic0.PNG

It will not allow me to select the fields, "Caller", "Company", "Location", "Configuration Item", or "Assignment Group" which are all mandatory to submit the form.

Now that I think it about it, it won't allow me to select any other field. The dropdowns only display this...

ForumPic000.PNG

The "Caller" field will auto populate the "Company" field which in turn has a connection to the "Location" field. But I am at a loss here.

Any ideas on what I am missing here?

Thanks,

-Flip Florey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vitaly_sukharev
Kilo Guru

Hi Flip,

This might be an issue with ACLs.

You can check 'save_as_template' ACLs for incident table to see if you are restricting some/all fields from being saved in templates:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

vitaly_sukharev
Kilo Guru

Hi Flip,

This might be an issue with ACLs.

You can check 'save_as_template' ACLs for incident table to see if you are restricting some/all fields from being saved in templates:

Capture.PNG

Hi Vitaly,

I believe you are on the right track. And after poking around in Access Controls and looking at the ACLs I brought this to one of our Admins.
He said that he thought the "incident.* / save_as_template" should of allowed all of the fields to have the "save_as_template" Operation.

Any idea why this is not applying? Or will we have to create a new Access Control row for each and every field that we want to access in Incident?

IncidentSaveAsTemplate.PNG

Hi Flip,

Yes, 'save_as_template' ACL should be created for every field you want to use in templates.