The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Project Decisions

sonja1
Kilo Contributor

Hello everyone!   I appreciate everyone's input for my questions so far!   I have another one  

In redesigning the status reporting form, I find we are in need of a place to track key project decisions that can be accessed as a related list from the status report.   I don't seem to find anything as part of the core functionality that serves this purpose?

If I am not overlooking this functionality (and I might be!), I am aware that a user field can be created for this, but are there any plans to include this as part of core functionality?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

kellykaufmann
Mega Guru

Hi!   Are you asking about having a decision log for a project, or finding a way to display certain decisions from the decision log on a status report in SN? I'm not sure how to do the latter without just having a 'recent key decisions' text field for the PM to fill out. Perhaps you can create a dashboard for the project where flagged decisions from the log appear? Ooh or a dashboard of status fields that also pulls in flagged decisions??

Anurag Tripathi
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

Hi Sonja,

I am not aware of anything like this OOTB, but i think something can be easily created to incorporate this, it sounds like an interesting thing to have. I can make a few suggestions if required.

-Anurag

amullendarby
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hey Sonja. There is actually a Related List called Decisions that pretty much fits what you are saying above. It is displayed by default on Demands but can do the same thing with Projects. If you have admin rights then just add the Decisions > Parent related list to the Project form (always in an Update Set in dev first). Once the list is added to the Project form then you can create as many Decision records as you like and they are all tied to the Project.

The Decisions list doesn't seem to copy from the Project to the Project View record but a similar related list called Goals does, you could use that for decisions and then have the list be on both the Project and the Project View (used by the Portfolio).

Thanks Alex! We are currently incorporating the goals related list.

I will remain hopeful that a key decision related list will become available in a future release