The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a PA Dashboard with person will trigger notification - but how?

Zod
Mega Guru

Hi,

if you share a pa dashboard with a person, an event will be triggered : pa_dashboards.shared   (Business Rule "Dashboard sharing event" is responsible)

And this will generate an email, that is sent with the subject containing the name of dashboard and "dashboard has been shared with you".

How this Mail is triggered???

I was expecting a notification that is fired - but this is not the case!

Some client template I could not find either ... any hint how the mail is generated and how we can manipulate the text?

When checking the sent mails, it is not clear where this comes from ... saying "X-ServiceNow-Source: EmailOutbound".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

I found out this is a known issue. The developer hard coded it in to the platform (not standard practice.) We have it on the radar and are looking at making it configurable in a future release. (No target available at this point.)

Thanks for pointing this out.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Can you elaborate on the details you are using to share the dashboard? Screenshots are most helpful.

Hi Chuck,

just goto self-service > dashboard and use the share button on the right side ... search for user and press invite down right ...

share.JPG

info from mail sent> sent mail.JPG

Just saw, that the business rule somehow did not create the event - at least not visible in the event logs.

But event TEXT_INDEX seems to be involved in the mail creation ...