The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification Engine: Discovery status is FAILURE, unable to get error message.

tsankett
Kilo Contributor

Hi, has anyone seen the above error before when Discovery is ran for windows desktop?

find_real_file.png

find_real_file.png

4 REPLIES 4

richardbrounste
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

It looks like there was an error in that step "Reference between cmdb_fc_target to cmdb_ci_fc_disk" This is where a reference relationship is made between a Fibre Channel Target and a Fibre Channel Disk.  An identification error will occur if the Fibre Channel Disk is blank or if the Fibre Channel Target is not able to create the reference relationship to the Fibre Channel Disk.

I recommend that you go into DEBUG mode for that CI IP and click down to that step, which is step 25.68 under Windows Storage and see what the values are for the tables: $cmdb_fc_target and for $cmdb_ci_fc_disk.  I suspect that some of the values are empty.

I have checked the cmdb_fc_target table, my observations are: We are not populating any data in this table through discovery.

A have deleted the pattern Windows desktop pattern and added it through export from my other instance.

After doing this change, i am experiencing the above mentioned error in the Windows Desktop discovery. Is it because of this?

Please help me to resolve this issue. 

Thank you,

Sanket

tsankett
Kilo Contributor

Hello richardbrounstein,

Thank you so much for your suggestion, i have checked the cmdb_ci_fc_disk table, and this table is empty. We are not doing discovery related to cmdb_ci_fc_disk.

Previously the discovery for windows desktop was working fine, but somehow now i am getting this error.

I will also test the pattern in debug mode and i will update about it.

Thanks

Sanket

Henry Thomas
Kilo Contributor

We've just upgraded to Madrid from Kingston and are getting the exact same error on the Windows OS - Server & Windows OS - Desktops patterns.

Both patterns have had minimal changes to them prior to upgrade. Both the cmdb_fc_target and cmdb_fc_disk tables are empty.

Were you ever able to solve this?