cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project State Rollups and Roll Downs

dante3
Tera Expert

Hello,

Do you have any idea how to disable the Project state roll down?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael Fry1
Tera Sage

So when Project (top task) state changes to Closed Complete, don't close children? Just making sure . . . if yes, can I ask why you'd want to stop that? The code looks like it's all being processed in the business rule:   Process State Change   - around lines 130-135. Not sure about the pop-up window alerting to all tasks will be closed tho.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael Fry1
Tera Sage

So when Project (top task) state changes to Closed Complete, don't close children? Just making sure . . . if yes, can I ask why you'd want to stop that? The code looks like it's all being processed in the business rule:   Process State Change   - around lines 130-135. Not sure about the pop-up window alerting to all tasks will be closed tho.

Hello thanks for your response,

because the state choices in the Project table has different values / state names like 10 states. While the Project task has 5 states only. for example the state of Project is Planning (customize state with value of 5) now in project task there is no state that value is 5. so it was set to 5. does it make sense?

Project -> State was set to Planning (5 value)

Project task -> state was set to 5 (5 is not exist in the choice table and it was inserted manually by the system)

Thank you

Hi Dante

It sounds like you are customizing project states. Fair warning that in versions prior to Helsinki, the Project State has many tentacles that automatically impact a lot of functionality throughout the Project. At my last employer we customized project state and a few weeks after experiencing a lot of bizarre behavior that was related to this change, we backed out of our customization and stuck with OOTB state. If you do a word search for the word 'state' in this post, you'll see some of the automated functionality related to 'state' that might be lost if you don't use some states or add states: Project Scheduling Engine . Here's a discussion with guidance on managing the automatic rollups when you customize state: Project Portfolio Management: Custom State .

just reviewed the BR and this is what I'm looking for! thank you