Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of COE in HR Service Delivery?

rutva
Kilo Contributor

What is the purpose of COE in HR Service Delivery?
Why do we need a COE based architecture and rather not have a structure without COE where in I have a case created on General Case table and categorized based on Topic Category and Topic Detail(refer screenshot attached).
Would like to understand the advantages of COE based architecture over non COE in terms of scalability, performance, visibility restrictions and costing in HR Service Delivery.

5 REPLIES 5

Ankur Bawiskar
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi Rutva,

check links below

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-hr-service-delivery/page/product/human-resources/concept/hr-centers-of-excellence-coes.html

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-hr-service-delivery/page/product/human-resources/task/COE...

Mark Correct if this solves your issue and also mark 👍 Helpful if you find my response worthy based on the impact.
Thanks
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

Thanks Ankur.

I have gone through the documentation link and videos provided, understood the functional concept of COE. But would like to know more from architectural perspective. Does COE model have any benefits on performance of the system? How scalable is the COE structure. Is it possible to add new COE. Because as per my conversation with Servicenow team , to add a new COE we need Servicenow intervention. 

As an alternative, we are planning to remove COE data model and keep just one General HR Case table(sn_hr_core_case) to which all the Topic Categories ,Topic Details and HR Services will be mapped. So just want to understand how feasible this alternate solution is in terms of scalability , performance and security. Will it have any impact on performance or data retrieval. 

Regards

Rutva

Chavan AP
Giga Guru

Hi Rutva,

COE is nothing but center of excellence . 

In HR COE all categories of HR functions have been derived from core table called HR Case Table.

HR categories might be for example:HR Payroll, HR Employee, HR workforce or HR operations etc.

So as all this categories are derive from HR Case table, incase  of sensitive data we can protect it from other categories.

Benefits :

1. allow you to configure data, service and process on each COE

2. limit access to sensitive information

3. consistency in reporting and metrics

4.help you drive automation

Please refer below links:

HR COE

HR COE Intro

Do mark it helpful if this resolves your query!!

Regards,

Ajay

rutva
Kilo Contributor

Hi Ajay

Thanks for your explanation. 

I have gone through the documentation link and videos provided, understood the functional concept of COE. But would like to know more from architectural perspective. Does COE model have any benefits on performance of the system? How scalable is the COE structure. Is it possible to add new COE. Because as per my conversation with Servicenow team , to add a new COE we need Servicenow intervention. 

As an alternative, we are planning to remove COE data model and keep just one General HR Case table(sn_hr_core_case) to which all the Topic Categories ,Topic Details and HR Services will be mapped. So just want to understand how feasible this alternate solution is in terms of scalability , performance and security. Will it have any impact on performance or data retrieval. 

Regards

Rutva