The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee
since ‎02-16-2012
‎03-20-2023

User Statistics

• 53 Posts
  • 5 Solutions
  • 3 Helpfuls given
  • 57 Helpfuls received

User Activity

Hi, I’m David Thigpen and I’m the Product Manager for the IT Service Portfolio Management application and Service Owner Workspace. One of the most important components of those two products are “offerings.”  Frequently I’m asked: “What’s the differen...
As the Product Manager for the IT Service Portfolio Management application in ServiceNow, I frequently hear questions that are not necessarily related to IT service portfolios, but more about IT service catalogs.  What really is the difference?  Many...
Service Portfolio Management (SPM) and the Service Owner Workspace (SOW) provide organizations advanced ways to document, understand, and monitor the services they provide to their customers. It provides the ability to organize and group IT services...
Recall our last post regarding "Top Down or Bottom Up" approaches to developing a CMDB. We were in a way discussing the starting boundaries of our scope. Either starting with infrastructure bits and limiting the services piece, or vice versa.   But t...
Not considering Discovery for a bit, most organizations seem to take one of two basic approaches to build out their configuration management capabilities: top-down or bottom-up.   Let's talk about each of them.   We didn't define "IT Services" in our...
Helpfuls given to