The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
Mega Sage
Mega Sage
since ‎01-14-2020
Tuesday

User Statistics

• 713 Posts
  • 86 Solutions
  • 158 Helpfuls given
  • 693 Helpfuls received

User Activity

Sometime between Fuji and Madrid, probably closer to Fuji, ServiceNow quietly changed how the Dictionary Entries were populated in the CMDB, introducing the concept of "cloned descendant elements".  With cloned descendant elements, there are distinct...
While I know that SDLC Components in CSDM 4.0 are not recommended to be used yet, I do have some doubts about the currently proposed design:   1.  If a Business Application contains SDLC components, and an Application Service is an instance of a Busi...
I understand that the parent field on Service Offering should be filled in with the Technical or Business Service according to CSDM, and that Business Services themselves should not reference other Business Services as a parent.  However, there may b...
In CSDM 4.0 the Business Application is broken down into individual SDLC Components.  However, component breakdown of a business application is by nature version-specific, whereas business applications themselves are version-agnostic.  Is there a met...
In recent versions of ServiceNow, they have introduced the Parent Category field on the Model Category table, but is unclear to me what the intended use of this is, both how it's supposed to be used and why it was added. At face value, I could interp...