ServiceNow is changing the working style of people. With a service-assimilation toward the tasks, activities and processes that occur in day-to-day work life, ServiceNow is helping today’s enterprise operate faster and scalable manner than ever before. Customers use this tool to define automate and structure the flow of work,eliminates dependencies on spreadsheets and emails to transform the management and delivery of services for the enterprise. ServiceNow, The Enterprise Cloud company offers service management for every department in the organizations such as Human Resource, IT, Finance,Field Service, Facilities and more.
As the ServiceNow’s new version FUJI Release is now publicly available, customers are excited to know what are the advantages with this introduction.Here I want to share useful information of FUJI which could be a boon.
- Service Catalog: Now administrators can create reusable and flexible user criteria records which will delimit access to service catalog items. This new security model is altering the entitlement scripts and related visibility lists. This model also helps in improving the performance around the catalog and eases the access activities. One nice feature in this new model is the ability to configure layout, order status screens and behavior of the catalog cart without the help of scripting.
- Knowledge Management: As ServiceNow is stretching its services from IT to the enterprise, it is prominent to be in a position to create and circulate dedicated knowledge bases for departments, businesses or any other required yardstick. Fuji offers creation of various knowledge bases with category structures, dedicated lifecycle workflows and assignments. This new application also introduces new contextual search and user criteria access model to manage the read, write ,create or retire rights on knowledge based articles.
- Test Management: In general there are two categories of organizations in handling test scenarios and execution, one using heavy test application software suites and the other using spreadsheets. ServiceNow introduces a new alternative called ‘Integration Application’ which includes creating test cases and test plans, governing testers through test execution, evaluating test results, monitoring testing processes and completing testing sign-off. This application model can be combined with Project Portfolio suite as well.
- Project Workbench: This is a new and nice addition to project portfolio suite. Workbench helps in managing projects easily by presenting project information in two layers, combining data with PPS and combining data with SDLC. The top layer displays the timeline with project phases and milestones and the second one displays details of the phase selected in timeline and also provides real-time communication with between the list view, the timeline and the visual task board.
- Planned Maintenance: This model helps organisations in managing regular and preventive maintenance of the assets. This helps facilities and field teams in generating maintenance tasks either by using metrics or on schedule.
- IT Finance Management: This new feature provides an overview of IT-related finances, projects and finances. With IT Finance application, one can track, allocate and report on expenses in an organization. This also facilitates Workbench, a visual tool which can be used to retrieve and process the expenses from general ledger and map them to the functions used by IT. A variety of dashboards and reports helps in knowing exactly about the expenditures related to IT.
- User Interface 15: In this FUJI release, a new UI is introduced with notable usability enhancements and redesigned icons. UI15 may not look different from UI14 but in reality it is a total face-lift with bootstrap as front-end framework and its responsive layout enhances a rich user experience. Ability to personalize the form views to users without the interference of administrator is an added feature in this application.
- Application Model: Fuji introduces completely a new pathway to Application Development in ServiceNow. This model allows developers to build dedicated applications and safeguard their work to be copied or reused. This can be understood as a better control on system performance, segregation and control of applications in Servicenow.
- IT GRC: The citations and controls, authority documents from Unified Compliance Framework can now be imported and downloaded into your IT GRC application. IT GRC reports and a new certification survey are a part of the release.
- Event Management: This newly introduced application gets improved with new integrations and enhancements. With this new integrations, Event Processing conduct will be doubled and API gets enriched. The new integrations include AWS monitoring, SCOM, SolarWinds, Splunk, NetCool and HP operations.
- Key attention to customers before upgrading to FUJI :
- Customers should opt for Fuji patch 2 or higher but not initial fuji release, if using domain separation.
- Customers using Oracle must not upgrade to initial release of Fuji.
- For a Life Science customer, before upgrading to Fuji must deactivate the user self-logout prevention business rule, a new feature in Fuji.
- Customers upgrading from Eureka to Fuji may see an error message while using Test Management. To stop appearing this message activate Visual Task Board.
If you are looking for implementation or upgradation to Fuji, then you can approach Aspediens, one of the few selected ServiceNow partners or visit their website for more details www.aspediens.com.