18 Replies · Latest reply on May 2, 2017 10:52 PM by Georgi Mavrodiev

How do I keep my instance awake always?

I have read through the posts for sleepy instance which is mentioned in the below link here, URL: https://developer.servicenow.com/app.do#!/program/faq?q=sleepy_personal_peveloper_instances . I am using the latest Istanbul version of the instance. I can only find about 22 scripts in my client scripts whereas my colleague has hundreds and thousands of it. How do I get the client scripts which are required added onto my instance? Is my instance going to sleep related to scripts?

It says as follows:

Sleepy Personal Developer Instances

1. Why do instances become sleepy?

In order to maximize the investment in the program, and remain no cost, the program now leverages idle instance capacity. If an assigned instance is idle, the state is saved and hibernated. Navigating to the My Instance page can activate the instance. There are more details about the situation in this Community blog post.

4. How does sleepiness impact my instance?

While in the hibernation state, scheduled jobs, API calls and other functions that require an online and active instance will not be available.

My requirement:

1. I want a total control of my instance irrespective of the cost saving. I need to know about the option to change the number of hours before it goes into hibernation mode pertaining to my instance.
      2. I don't want it to go into hibernation state anytime and want it be active always.

From,

NM

• Re: How do I keep my instance awake always?
          Pradeep Sharma

Hello Nandan,

Please my find response below

1. Hibernation is controlled from ServiceNow end only and you don't have control on changing number of hours.

2. If you are continuing to use it actively through the day, you should have around 6 hours of inactivity before hibernation begins. That should be more than enough for anyone using it on a normal workday. If you come back to it in your evening, it might require waking up again but in most cases a single waking should last through the entire day unless you do it early and then don't touch it all day.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

- Pradeep Sharma (@sharma_pradeep)
          ServiceNow

PS: Hit like, Helpful or Correct depending on the impact of the response

Jack Nguy

Hi Nandan,

As a few other people have mentioned (thanks everyone for the responses) - if you need an instance that does not hibernate or get reclaimed, you are free to purchase them through our Technology Partner Program.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jack

Please mark replies as helpful or correct when appropriate.

This helps us more easily identify threads that need attention and makes it easier for users with similar issues to find the answer

Nandan Manjunath

Thank you. But still I am more interested towards anything available free of cost as an act of service towards society. I appreciate your help!

From,

NM

Nandan Manjunath

Dear team,

I am still amazed and cannot believe what's happening. My instance got removed without any email. Please let me know if there is anything which is followed as a system or you kindly let me know if I need to read through the documentation and find out who all can help me.

From,

NM

Nandan Manjunath

Dear team,

Thank you. I am able to access my instance. I don't know what made the change.

From,

NM

Georgi Mavrodiev

Hello Nandan,

Glad to hear that!

Just to check:
                          - While you were not able to access the instance of yours - what were you seeing when you were clicking "Manage" > "Instance" item, as on the below screenshot:

P111.png

I am asking this, as to me it is really strange how your issue got fixed.

Firstly, your instance should not be removed (reclaimed back) without a notification email to be sent over to you first, notifying you that in 48 hours, for example, the instance will be reclaimed due to inactivity.
                          Secondly, if an instance gets reclaimed then when you go to https://developer.servicenow.com/ (ServiceNow Developers Web Site), log into your account, and go to "Manage" item - it should be empty / blanked, and you should not be able to go to your instance. Instead of this the system will ask you to request an instance.
                          In addition to this, I have to say that a reclaimed instance cannot be returned back! Such option does not exit!

This leads me to the conclusion that probably you were experiencing a connectivity issue or similar problem. And thus you were not able to access your instance, while it was there, sitting and waiting to be used again
                          That's why, just from curiosity, I would like to know what you were able to see clicking on the "Manage" item, in the time you reported that your instance is removed this morning?

Best Regards,

Georgi Mavrodiev

IT Consultant

Do IT Wise

You may visit us in our Web Site: www.doitwise.com

Nandan Manjunath

Georgi,

I would like to delete this query as this has been rejected by the community. Please let me know how I can remove it or kindly request you discard it.

From,

NM

Georgi Mavrodiev

Good Morning, Nandan,

The thread is not rejected by anyone. On the contrary. An answer was given to you about which option can be used (the paid one) in order for your DEV instance to not go into hibernation.

Simply leave the post like it currently is -> "Answered", and do not post any further replies.
                                  The thread is closed due to its "Answered" status. Also, it contains useful information for other community members, thus there is no point in wanting it removed.
                                  It will be definitely of interest for other people!

Just do not add any further comments in it.

Have a successful day ahead, Nandan!

Cheers, Georgi

1 of 1 people found this helpful