2 Replies · Latest reply on Aug 12, 2017 10:51 PM by Eli Guttman

Inbound Action- get latest comment from mail

Hi,

We are using inbound action and in order to correspond with users. today, when we get a reply by mail, we take the email.body_text and enter it to the comment field.

This mean the whole email is entered to the comment field, including the full correspondence of the mail.

We are looking for a way to take only the latest comment from the email.

Does anyone familiar with how to do it?

Thank you!

• Re: Inbound Action- get latest comment from mail
          Vinoth Murugan

Hi Eli,

You can try something similar as below to get the latest comment from the email and it will work.

var messageContent = email.body_text;

if (messageContent.indexOf("From")!=-1)

{

messageContent = messageContent.substring(0, messageContent.indexOf("From")).trim();

}

else

{

messageContent = messageContent.trim();

}

• Re: Inbound Action- get latest comment from mail
              Eli Guttman

Hi Vinoth,

Thank you  - i have checked this option, and handling this issue by removing everything below "From" only solve some of the cases ( i was also able to achive it by using the "glide.pop3.reply_separators" property - is there anything that the script you provided handle better than this properly ? )

I have done some tests by reply from mobile device , for example - if i reply to mail from iPhone mail application, there is no "From" in the reply - there is a time stamp of the time and date of the reply, and then, the rest of the message, for example:

there might be also other cases, by other mail application ( not sure how it work from Android )

Are you familiar with something more generic to handle this issue?

Thank you for you Help!