2 Replies · Latest reply on Oct 13, 2017 2:53 PM by Ravindran Keshavan

Fixed query in a "Data Table From Instance Definition" widget?

Hi everyone,

I copied the parameters from the Data Table from URL Definition in Jakarta to a cloned version of the  Data Table From Instance Definition widget to add filter functionality.

I want to allow the user to use the filter to find records as they please but I don't want to give them the option of viewing all records on the table. Is there a way to lock the "All>Standard Software=true" portion of the filter like you can in an internal list with a fixed query?

Restrict filters and breadcrumbs with fixed queries

This is how you would do it on an internal view of a list, I need to do this in the portal.

I really appreciate your help!

• Re: Fixed query in a "Data Table From Instance Definition" widget?
          Ravindran Keshavan

Hi Peter,

Not sure about disabling, but we can hide it from the user.

The steps are:

* Clone the Widget to create a copy (which will be now editable)

* Don't forget to Attach the cloned widget to the relevant page. 

* Change the server script section shown below -> show_breadcrumbs: false

Hope it helps

Regards
          Ravindran Keshavan
          ----------------------------------> Hit Helpful -> Yes if Helpful or No if not helpful -----------------------------------> Hit Like if you like my Reply :) <-------

• Re: Fixed query in a "Data Table From Instance Definition" widget?
              Ravindran Keshavan

Apologies Peter. I realized I didnt read your question completely and hence my reply is incorrect.

BTW I figured we can enable the filters to show up using below property in the serve code but still cant get the &sysparm_fixed_query=active=true to work..

show_breadcrumbs: true,

enable_filter: true

Looking into it..

Regards
              Ravindran Keshavan
              ----------------------------------> Hit Helpful -> Yes if Helpful or No if not helpful -----------------------------------> Hit Like if you like my Reply :) <-------