4 Replies · Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 12:16 PM by Janelle Eckert

Articles attached via contexual search not appearing in worknotes

We upgraded to Jakarta yesterday and it has been reported by our Service Desk that three incidents so far within the last two days when trying to attach them to the incident look as if they attaching as they recieve an info box stating "Details of How-To have been added to the work notes field" but truely it hasn't. This is when attaching an article from related search functionality (Contexual Search) Instead you are only seeing that a KB article was attached via Related Records tab. Has anyone seen this appear yet. I have been unable to re-create.

• Re: Articles attached via contexual search not appearing in worknotes
          jjps

Could this possibly have something to do with who can read those articles? Could the "can read" permissions be causing a conflict?

Diane Gregory

They can read them ok. They are using the article to resolve the incident. Because they used the article to resolve the incident they then now attach the article. We are thinking something with security changed. I as an admin can go into the Incident, locate the article and attach it the same way they would be and it is viewable in the activity just fine. The SD Analyst can then go back to that INC and see the KB article in the activity as well after I do it.

jjps

Not sure if this makes a difference, but the Jakarta baseline (out of the box) attaches the knowledge article to the Additional Comments field, not the Work Notes. I also am not seeing any pop-ups that tell me that it has been attached. Could this be customization done in the earlier version?

Janelle Eckert

Not sure if you found your answer but since I'm looking into a related issue I thought I'd post. 

We have upgraded our sub-production instance to Jakarta patch 6.  We noticed the behavior when attaching an article from the contextual search to have changed as follows:

PreUpgrade:

1.  User clicks attach

2.  Content of article is posted to user-visible comments immediately

(Whether the article is written to comments or work notes is controlled in knowledge properties.  We've chosen comments)

3.  Notification including article content is triggered to caller "comment has been added"

After Jakarta:

1.  User clicks attach

2.  Content of article is written to user-visible comments but is not posted (committed)

2a.  The content that is displayed is javascript and virtually unreadable UNTIL it is posted

2b.  If the SD analysis updates and exits the incident record at this point, this article content is lost.

3.  User clicks Post

The article content is written to the comments.  The display is now legible and notification is triggered.

I was actually trying to find a solution to assure the content, before it was committed, was legible rather than cryptic.  Our SD Manager likes the idea of requiring that the analyst "post" the article before sending a customer notification.  However, she would feel more comfortable with the process if the SD analyst could actually verify what they are posting before doing so.