9 Replies · Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 4:40 AM by christianr

new contact

Hello,

I have created a new group who I want to be able to create a contact.  The group has the ITIL, sn_customerservice.agent, sn_esm_user, and snc_internal roles yet they are still unable to create a new contact in the list view.  Any thoughts on what I am overlooking?

Much thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Shawn

• Re: new contact
          Swathi Khanna

Contact? is it a new application ?

------------------

New to Service Now, please bare with me. Loving ServiceNow

Shawn Baar

Here is the field on the form I need them to be able to populate:

Here is what I see when I click the search glyph:

I need the new group to be able to see the "New" button in the header.

Swathi Khanna

Give the role of user_admin to the group or the members of the group to be able to create new user records in user table

1 of 1 people found this helpful

------------------

Shawn Baar

That did get me the ability to create the contact on the User table.  What about the Contact table though? 

As an admin, I can see the NEW button here as well.  Is that a separate role?

Swathi Khanna

Contact is not out of the box table. It is a custom table build by your developers. Check what roles this table has and assign that role to the user to be able to provide access to create records in this table.

------------------

christianr

Hello Shawn,

The Contact table [customer_contact], extends the user table. So by creating a Contact, you also create a record in the user table [sys_user].

If I understand your need right you want to create a user from the pop-up window when clicking the Contact search icon?

If so :

The ‘New’ UI Action is "excluded" from Referenced List OOTB, see UI Action - ’New’ -> Related Lists [UI Action Visibility], if you change this into "Included", the UI Action will be displayed in the header.

(Note that it exists two UI Action, for different purposes, also advice you to look into the conditions so that this corresponds with your need. Roles added needs to be added to the group.)

1 of 1 people found this helpful