1 Reply · Latest reply on Dec 14, 2017 3:11 PM by Tonya Antle

Cost: First few service request is fixed charge and we do not have to create expense line for those.

Dear All,

I created many CI Rate Cards and Task Rate Cards for my client. It all works on per record. Which mean Expense Line generate per record by taking the rate from Rate Cards.

Now I have 2 different requirement which is not directly available out of the box:

1) For Task Rate Cards, First 50 service request is on fixed charge per month say total $500. After that every service request is charged as $20 each.

2) For storage CI record, we have Used GB as attribute/field. Cost is $1.42 per GB. Which means cost is not per record but the multiplier remains in each record. So say a Storage is used for 35 GB then cost will be 1.42 (from rate card) * 35 (from CI attribute) =   $49.7.

How to achieve above 2 type of rate cards?

Any pointer will help.

Thanks

Mahesh Laddha

• Re: Cost: First few service request is fixed charge and we do not have to create expense line for those.
          Tonya Antle

Have you figured out how to do this?

Maybe create a business rule that runs before the insert on the database.  In that business rule, count how many service requests have been created that month.  If it's less than  50 then change the expense to $500.

I wrote a script for scenario #2 because I couldn't find  away to do it OOTB. I used a distribtinon rule instead of a CI rate card and I clicked "Advanced" so that I could write the code for it to multiply Gb x Cost.

Hope this helps.

Do you know how to pull CI rate card expenses into the IT Cost Transparency module for showback statements?

Thanks!