3 Replies · Latest reply on Dec 4, 2017 4:37 AM by Chuck Tomasi

Cloud Portal as User Portal

HI Experts,

Need your guidance as new to CMP.

Can we provide cloud Portal and Service Portal as a single interface . We have requirement that user as of now who are using Front End

should have the option of cloud service as well. I mean users can request for provisioning instances as well as de-provisioning etc...

So I am thinking does cloud portal and Service Portal to be always separately accessed, or it can be integrated or we can develop

service Portal to include this cloud Portal functionality.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

• Re: Cloud Portal as User Portal
          Chuck Tomasi

My initial thought is to NOT allow all end users access to your cloud portal as that's meant for cloud management roles/personas/etc... I recommend giving them the ability to do SOME of the functionality that you mentioned (provisioning/deprovisioning/etc) via record producers, catalog items, etc. and expose just the right elements that way.

1 of 1 people found this helpful

--Chuck Tomasi
          --Sr. Technical Product Marketing Mgr, Now Platform
          --Join me on the Community live stream (most) weekdays at 8:00AM ET
          --https://youtube.com/user/servicenowcommunity

snowuser11

Hi Chuck,

Thanks.

Yeah I mean yes of course users will only be able to request items for provisioning and terminating via the service Portal.

So do we need to develop and integrate ? or how can we achieve that ?

Since all templates blue prints will be in cloud portal so how do we request them via user interface

Thanks

Chuck Tomasi

I'd need more information - again I'm not a Cloud Management expert. If you've got catalog items available in the Cloud Management portal, you can make those items available to the general portal typically by adding the right categories to the items. I haven't seen how the cloud management catalog is set up so I'm only guessing here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful

--Chuck Tomasi
                  --Sr. Technical Product Marketing Mgr, Now Platform
                  --Join me on the Community live stream (most) weekdays at 8:00AM ET
                  --https://youtube.com/user/servicenowcommunity