3 Replies · Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 7:18 AM by Dave Smith

Does MID Server support Oracle AQ?

Hello, experts!

Does anyone of you know, if MID Server supports / can work with Oracle AQ (Advanced Queueing)?

The simple scenario would be: MID server “watches” Oracle DB's AQ for new request messages, processes them and puts response from the corresponding ServiceNow instance back into the AQ.

Thank you in advance!

Best regads,
      Leonid Khaylov
      Consultant
      OpRiskSolutions Intl. Ltd.

• Re: Does MID Server support Oracle AQ?
          Dave Smith

Based on that scenario... if there is a way of watching the queue via SQL statements or a PowerShell command, then there ought to be a way of reacting to them.

Are you after some event management process, some way in which the instance can react to messages in Oracle's queue?

Leonid Khaylov

Hello, Dave!

Thank you for the quick response!

Yes, you can say so, we want to setup some kind of an event management process, in which the instance can deliver data to the Oracle AQ.

I just wonder if there is some standard functionality or tool available for the MID Server, which allows to configure an Oracle AQ for the instance...

Best regads,
              Leonid Khaylov
              Consultant
              OpRiskSolutions Intl. Ltd.

Dave Smith

Yes, you can say so, we want to setup some kind of an event management process, in which the instance can deliver data to the Oracle AQ.

I just wonder if there is some standard functionality or tool available for the MID Server, which allows to configure an Oracle AQ for the instance...

I'm not sure if there is - this doesn't mean there isn't, more that I'm pretty inexperienced in that area - but if there WAS a connector, try looking at:

• store.servicenow.com - common integrations
                  • share.servicenow.com - unapproved, unverified integrations
                  • documentation on Event Management and Orchestration

If nothing exists, I know what my approach to a home-grown solution would be - I've been playing around with the REST API and em_event table to inject events into it, so having Oracle yelling at an instance shouldn't be difficult... it's a matter of how the AQ can perform that shout out, and also how the response gets put back int the AQ.