The San Francisco Department of Public Health (DPH) Information Technology (IT) department is responsible for supporting information technology needs for the acute, long term care and healthcare clinics throughout San Francisco and on the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Laguna Honda Hospital campuses. The IS organization is responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of the infrastructure and application which support these institutions, along with the implementation of new services and applications that are used to support and further the mission of promoting and protecting the health of all San Franciscans.
Under the direction of the IS Project Director, the 1054 IS Business Analyst acts as a Business Process Analyst (BPA) and supervisor for the Department of Public Health's IT Service Management (ITSM) team. The IS BPA will translate ideas and business needs into detailed business requirements and facilitate the successful design and implementation of IT service management and processes. The analyst understands in depth the customer drivers, business processes and requirements. The BPA has an in-depth functional understanding of how the ServiceNow system works. The analyst defines what the system should do so that the customer requirements are satisfied in the best possible way. The business analyst should also be able to lead governance and provide guidance/coaching to the customer when there are opportunities to eliminate "waste" (LEAN concept) from processes.
Responsibilities and Duties Essential Duties:
- Provides direct ongoing supervision to a team of ServiceNow administrators and provides technical leadership and direction;
- Serves as the top technical authority for the ongoing collaborative design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the DPH ServiceNow instance;
- Assumes technical responsibility for completion of major projects relating to ServiceNow;
- Supervises and participates in the development of processes, procedures, and workflows for system administration, operations, support and updates of the ServiceNow platform;
- Creates sufficienctly detailed documentation to explain, retain, and transfer information to other teams;
- Conducts research, testing and delivering, as well as presenting and receiving approval for changes to provide a stable and robust service;
- Performs, supervises, and reviews Incident, Problem, and Change Management on ServiceNow and its applications including planning, design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and other enhancements;
- Uses ITIL principles including Continual Service Improvement (CSI) to enhance the design and operation of ServiceNow workflows, application UI, to customize ServiceNow applications in order to improve KPIs and OLAs;
- Acts as the primary subject matter expert for ITSM and the ServiceNow platform;
- Leads request requirement gathering sessions. Develops, documents and revises system design procedures and quality standards;
- Acts as a liaison with various groups throughout DPH to ensure service level targets are met, customer satisfaction remains high, and escalations occur in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the complete request lifecycle from definition through customer satisfaction. Included in the lifecycle are definition, classification, approval, tracking and fulfillment of requests;
- Facilitates technology demonstrations to management and demonstrations and trainings for staff on use of new hardware or software products;
- As the team supervisor, reviews and recommends personnel actions in areas of performance, evaluation, training, selection and disciplinary measure. Ensures appropriate policies and procedures are followed by subordinates; and
- May provide consultation and guidance to all other IT service towers.
- The 1054 IS Business Analyst - Principal Business Process Analyst performs other related duties as required/assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST MEET TO APPLY)
- An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]; AND
- Five (5) years of experience in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management; AND
- Three (3) years of verifiable and recent experience defining, monitoring and reviewing testing of system operations and procedures; AND
- Three (3) years of verifiable and recent experience working on a technical help desk in a ticketing and workflow environment, performing basic desktop hardware/software troubleshooting and support
Note: The above required experience can be gained concurrently.
- defining, monitoring and reviewing testing of system ops: 3 years
- IT project management: 5 years
- technical help desk in a ticketing and workflow environment: 3 years
- system analysis, business process design, development & imp: 5 years
Please review all application instructions before applying to San Francisco Department of Public Health. Apply HERE.