6 Replies · Latest reply on Dec 13, 2017 11:54 AM by Amir Amjadi

User Entitlement question

Hello,

We have a bunch of users who are "Assigned To" various software in User License Entitlement table.  At some point, these users leave or move to different departments.

I could always remove that record from the User License Entitlement table.  But I was wondering is there any other way of archiving the old information?  What do I risk losing, if I just deleted the In-Active user?  What are the best practices dealing with inactive users?

Thanks

Amir

• Re: User Entitlement question
          Ben Sweetser

Hi Amir,

If the user is moving to a different department, you would need to determine if the user should still be allocated rights to the software or not.

If the users leaves the company, this should be addressed as part of an off-boarding process. You would have a task that addresses removal of the allocations of the software, and tracks the removal as part of that task.

Ben

1 of 1 people found this helpful

--------------------
          Ben Sweetser, Principal Business Process Consultant
          ServiceNow

• Re: User Entitlement question
            Ben Sweetser

You can also report on inactive users that are assigned software and use that as a means to address when this happens or if you do not have a process in place for this.

--------------------
            Ben Sweetser, Principal Business Process Consultant
            ServiceNow