This is a full-time, on premise only position. No recruiters.
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, located in Laurel, MD, is seeking an exceptionally driven individual with a strong development and infrastructure background to take on the role of Cloud Orchestrator. The successful candidate will be part of a diverse technical team supporting the adoption and operations of a multi-provider hybrid Cloud infrastructure.
- Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary team responsible for delivering Cloud services to the enterprise. Provide workflow development and automation for the Cloud catalog and portal-based access to internal and external computing resources, delivered through ServiceNow. Responsibilities include using orchestrators to manage complex cross-domain processes, integrating with internal infrastructure services and external end points, maintaining compliance, troubleshooting and solving problems across platforms, managing performance and capacity, and providing direct customer support.
- Collaborate with server and storage administrators, security and network engineers, Cloud architects and service managers to understand and implement requirements. Actively contribute to administration, architecture and design discussions. Work with vendors to resolve technical issues and integrate solutions. Support the review of Cloud industry technology trends and help determine their potential impact on our environment. Work is completed in a team-based environment, which requires building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Provide clear and concise technical documentation related to architecture, configurations, technical solutions and procedures supporting the administration and maintenance of services. Initiate formal and informal knowledge sharing sessions within teams.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology field or equivalent years of related professional work experience
- Familiarity with server administration, storage and networking technologies and concepts
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and open to continuous change
- Self-motivated to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex problems using current job knowledge, research data, and collaboration with internal/external resources
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, customers and management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to details
- Experience with Cloud concepts and service orchestration and automation through various tools, including ServiceNow and VMWare vRO/vCO
- Experience with virtualization technologies and infrastructure services (VMWare, NSX, Active Directory, F5, SQL Server)
- Experience with automation tools and technologies (CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Terraform) and scripting (BASH, Puppet, Python)
- Experience with AWS concepts and technologies, including EC2 and related services (EBS, CloudWatch, CLI)
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional Saturday morning and after-hours work is required to handle and/or complete critical work.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.