This is video 2 of 5 demonstrating PPM functionality in the Jakarta version of ServiceNow.
There are times when a project/a task in a project cannot be started until another project/task is completed. From Jakarta, it will be possible to create dependencies among projects. This video demonstrates how project managers can create and view dependencies among multiple projects.
Why was the feature created
- There are times when a project/a task in a project cannot be started until another project/task is completed. This feature provides a way to create and track dependencies amont projects.
- Many customers were creating huge projects with several subprojects due to the limitation of adding task dependency within the same project
- These huge projects were causing significant performance issues leading to incidents and bad user experience
What does it solve
- It provides the ability to add task dependencies across projects
- Avoids performance issues caused by huge projects
- Provide the ability to add soft or hard dependency based on customer needs